Buddy Bidding Processing
Buddy bidding is only performed if both crewmembers enter each other in the buddy field. You can only identify one crewmember as a buddy.
The N-PBS Scheduler attempts to maximize the number of buddiable pairings awarded to each crewmember. Buddiable means that both crewmembers have been awarded the same pairing. The N-PBS Scheduler attempts to complete each buddy's block with buddiable pairings first. If it cannot fill each crewmember's block with buddiable pairings it will attempt to put non-buddiable pairings on each crewmember's block using the junior crewmember's bid. Shuffling of buddy and non-buddy pairings will also occur but the N-PBS Scheduler will give priority to non-buddy pairings. The N-PBS Scheduler also uses the system-generated Award Pairings bid to add buddiable pairings.
Buddy Bidding Position Processing
The N-PBS Scheduler considers positions when awarding buddiable pairings.
Buddy Bidding Position Examples
Award Pairings IF Position F1, F2, F3
The first buddy could receive F1 and the second receive F2, or the first could receive F1 and the second receive F3 and so on.
Award Pairings IF Positions SP
The first buddy would be awarded the SP position and the second buddy would receive any position available.
Buddy Bidding on the Reasons Report
Each pairing that is awarded with a buddy is listed as buddied on the Reasons Report.
Add a buddy
To add a buddy to your bid:
1. Go to the Bids Screen.
2. Select the red X beside Buddy ID on the Bids Screen.
3. Once clicked, the red X becomes a red checkmark and the text field becomes active.
4. Enter your buddy’s employee number. The employee number that you enter is red until you have entered a valid employee number.
5. Finish entering the employee number. The employee number turns green when you have entered a valid employee number
6. Click on the checkmark again to lock the employee number. The checkmark turns into an X.