You have two options, you can add a Pairing Number Departing On Date bid preference or you can add a bid preference with pairing numbers returned from the search results (see add a bid from pairings screen). This topic shows how to add a Pairing on Date bid preference.
You can add this bid to your Current and Default bid.
To add an Award of Avoid Bid:
1. Add a Start Pairings bid group from the Bids screen. See Before You Can Add a Bid for important information before adding a bid from the Search screen.
Select a bid in the Start Pairings bid group. The bid preference selected is highlighted blue. The new bid preference is added below the highlighted bid.
Select a Pairing bid group in the Current/Default Bid. The new bid preference is added at the bottom of the selected bid group above the ‘Award Pairings’ system generated bid line.
2. Go to the Pairings screen.
3. Optional, perform a search using any options you choose to narrow down the number of pairings in the list.
4. Click on the red plus button beside the gray Award and Avoid buttons in the top menu bar to enable Add Bids Mode.
Enabling Add Bids Mode enables the Award and Avoid buttons beside it. When Add Bids Mode is enabled, the red plus inside of the button becomes gray and a checkbox is displayed beside your search options. The gray checkmark turns red when enabled.
5. Disable the pairing filtered award checkbox. The checkmark inside the box is gray when disabled. If you don't disable the checkbox, the bid with search options is added. This box is only displayed if you have performed a search.
6. Click the circle beside a pairing number that you want to bid for. You can select one or multiple pairings. Notice that the background on the circled dates in pairing number 2016 has a different color than pairing number 2010. This indicates that you can click select it. The green circle indicates that it matches the search criteria.
7. Click on a pairing date from the dates row of the Pairing summary section for the pairing you selected in step 6. Note: If you don't complete step 6 you cannot select a pairing. Once a pairing date is selected its background becomes darker
8. Click on the Award button to add an Award Pairings If Pairing Number XXXX If Departing On Date XXXX bid preference. A confirmation message, with the bid preference that has been added, is displayed. Read the message to ensure the bid preference you want is added. Click OK to continue.
9. Click on the Avoid button to add an Avoid Pairings If Pairing Number XXXX If Departing On Date XXXX bid preference. A confirmation message, with the bid preference that has been added, is displayed. Read the message to ensure the bid preference you want is added. Click OK to continue.